Charter Township is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants
for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related
medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
Plainfield Charter Township (Kent County, Michigan) is accepting applications for the position of Building Official. The following provides a summary of the required experience and skills.
Click here for a
complete Job Description and
here for information
about the community of Plainfield Charter Township.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a salary range of $49,900 - $64,980. Please send cover letter, resume, and state registrations for Building Official, Inspector, and Plan Reviewer by email at
HR@plainfieldmi.org or submit documentation by mail or in person to Plainfield Charter Township, Attn: Priscilla Walden, 6161 Belmont Avenue, Belmont, MI 49306. Selected candidates must undergo a criminal background check prior to start date.
- Associates Degree or equivalent training plus minimum 5 years of relevant experience in building construction, inspection and code enforcement; Plan Review and Building Inspector and Building Official level designation by the State required; comprehensive knowledge of building code enforcement principles and practices required.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with Township office staff at all levels, property owners, State and local government representatives, builders, contractors, and general public.
- Organizational skills to effectively balance building inspections and enforcement toward achieving departmental goals.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and schedule work; ability to concentrate and pay close attention to details.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License and ability to travel regularly throughout Township.
- Complete Job Description
Plainfield Charter Township Community Information
DEADLINE to apply is 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 20, 2015.
Plainfield Charter Township Parks & Recreation Department is seeking candidates for SUMMER LIFEGUARD positions at Versluis Park. Candidates must be 16 years of age or older. Lifeguard training is provided. For those interested please complete an application and drop it off at the Plainfield Township Parks & Recreation Office at 5205 Plainfield Avenue NE, M-F, 8-11:30 a.m. & 12-3:30 p.m. Applications can be obtained at this office,
or downloaded here.
Call backs of applicants will take place after February 15, 2015.
Application Form can be downloaded here.
The Plainfield Fire Department is currently accepting
applications for several open positions.
Click here for their Employment Page.